We (John and Alexis) visited Grand Manan a number of years ago intending to stay for a long weekend; it began in the fall of 2004 and has never ended. We live across the road from Sara’s House & Sue’s Cottage. These two adjoining properties are approximately 1/2 mile from the Ferry Terminal and directly across the road from a Kayak Rental/Tour operation Adventure High.
We purchased Sara’s House & Sue’s Cottage so that we could initiate a seasonal rental that would take advantage of the magnificent views of the Harbour. We are involved in restorations on the island including the Swallowtail Lighthouse and Light keeper’s House.
Alexis is a resident artist on Grand Manan and is active on the Grand Manan Art Gallery Board of Directors. She also works with the Junior Art Group on Tuesday evenings and is an active participant in the Thursday afternoon art group (visitors are welcome to attend and participate). John became a Rotarian and is active in the many community sponsored events on the island, especially Rotary Week. John is also a member of the Mananook Lodge and is active in Community lodge functions.
To make a reservation or get more information:
- Rentals are made on a 2 week minimum basis with arrivals / departures on Saturdays.
- If reserving more than one month in advance, a deposit of 50% is required.
The remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- If reserving less than one month in advance of arrival date, payment in full is required on the day of booking.
- Full refund up until 90 days in advance of arrival date.
- 50% refund from 60 days to 89 days in advance of arrival date.
- 25% refund from 30 days to 59 days in advance of arrival date.
- 0% refund less than 30 days in advance of arrival date.